Saturday, October 18, 2014

I need a sewing buddy!

Well I finished the wrap dress! It's truly 'not bad'. I took my time finishing, adding binding around the whole edge of the dress. There are a few reasons for this:-

1: It helps lift the dark charcoal grey from funereal to fun.
2: I'm not yet ready to go with a solid colour, I love my prints.
3: I do like the shape of the wrap and the binding shows it off better.

While it turned out better than I ever imagined it's going to need tweaking somewhat to get it right, this is the bit where I need a buddy! Someone who could tug and pull and pin until it looks better. As it is it's wearable.....

I will try to get a picture of me wearing it tomorrow, I actually think it looks better on me than on my body double, I can only assume that's because I'm sort of squishy and she's just hard.

A work in progress I think. I will tweak my tablecloth pattern and attempt an improved version, I have this amazing camo fabric..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it's much appreciated x