Monday, October 20, 2014

No One Laughed - Result!

Not without it's problems but today I wore it in public and no one laughed!

As far as I can tell it's just all round too big and the bodice is slightly too long but you know what? - I'm super pleased that it's wearable and well constructed and given that its my first ever 'marker pen' pattern I even feel a teensy bit proud of it.

OK, I didn't design it from scratch or anything but I wasn't too disheartened when my pattern for the wrapalong arrived and it was too small. My Ramona met my Moneta and my hybrid was born.

Question - Do I persevere and get this pattern spot on or buy a proper one for my next wrap dress, what would you do?

6 comments:

  1. I love it, it's unique!! I love the trim and how it makes the dress pop. You can always crop the bodice for the next one. You can do alot with this I would keep this hybrid pattern. You can make it with a solid and print or vice versa, sleeves can be easily adapted to be shorter even capped, you can can make this a longer maxi too. It's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, I am going to make a slightly smaller version in a jersey print next, would like to arrive at my first home made TNT pattern. Xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sabrina, I really like the way the trim makes the dress pop.

    Keep this one, but if you want to experiment with some other patterns I see no fowl in that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've made a lovely dress there. I see what you are saying about the bodice length, but really it's very nice, and looks beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your dress, there's a chic kimono feel to it. Your TNT is close, so I say stick to it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it's much appreciated x